Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Email to Gala Darling

Hi Gala Darling,

I am not even sure if you would be able to read my email. I know you are a busy person and you probably have hundreds, if not thousands of email in your inbox everyday. I just want you to know that I admire your colorful life. You are brave enough to go for what you want to even changing your name in the process :) I love your creativity and the passion that you show towards your work. Basically, I admire you.

For that you deserve a....
BIG PINK HOORAY!!!!

Oh, I haven't introduce myself yet... I'm Joyce and I am about to turn 25 in a few months - and yes, I think Im in a quarter life crisis.

I moved to Singapore from Philippines (for 2 weeks now) in search of growth and career development. In my heart, I would love to pursue a career in designing but I have been working on my career in market research for about three years. I am helping my mom in terms of finances and for me to have a higher pay I think I have to stick with it (research) for 3 years more, or until my brother graduates from college (2013) :p

Don't get me wrong... I also like doing consumers studies - It's just that... I want to do more, I want to do creative things. I feel alive when I imagine a new product design for a furniture or an accessory. I want to create, I want to somehow immortalize myself with my creations. I want to create my own brand, I want to re-create myself.

I'm praying that God will lead me to the right direction. I am praying for the best.

Thanks Gala Darling! I guess I just need someone who I know understands me.

I pray that in time, doors will open for me to really pursue what my heart desires.


Cheers,
Joycee


Btw, this is Gala Darling:
http://galadarling.com/static/about-gala


No comments:

Post a Comment